COMPUTER science students who are enrolled in a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa are being invited to apply for a Google Africa Fellowship program which includes a US$10,000 award per year over three years.
Google Africa says the aim of the scholarship is to assist members in maintaining and improving their professional development, irrespective of their existing qualifications.
- Applications deadline: January 19, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in computer science and related areas.
- Scholarship Award: Successful students receive named Fellowships, which include a $10,000 award per year over 3 years.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa. Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time PhD program and transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply.
- Students should be early stage PhD students, i.e., should not have been into more than 1 year of their PhD Applicants for the 2018 Fellowship must have started their program on or after 1 January 2017.
- Students must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
- Student applicants must be current full-time Undergraduate or Masters Students enrolled at an African university. Professionals must be employed/ affiliated with an organisation registered in Africa.
- Applicants who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2018